Friday, April 9, 2010

Forest


Slender tubes, handlebars wide
Would you take me on your Brooks for a ride
If I should crash
Could you limit it to just road rash

Forest, show me how to roll
And to eschew one more meaningless goal
Seems I spent my life running around
But here on these pedals my feet do not touch the ground

Let us roll through the Cascades
Temper the heat with your shade
Oh Forest! carry me to heights
Where singing breezes blow in the night

Please do not let me fade
As we take on another stubborn grade
For if I keep at it, I guess
I will face what I repress

Forest! now dark and deep
Wear me out so I can get to sleep
An hour or two before the light of day
Rush your endo's to take this pain away


Thanx to Boxer Bikes

8 comments:

Narayan said...

A work of art. Ride Long!

Filings from the bench said...

So, I take it you like the bike? ;)

Today was a fine day for a ride - I hope you were able to get out for one.

C said...

Great words to describe a great bike!

Steve said...

Oh my what a beautiful bike! And a what a lovely tribute to her. Long may you both run.

Shan said...

She's a beauty! What gearing do you have Vinny? It looks like a standard double (53/39) on the front. What cassette are you running?

Vincent Muoneke said...

@ Shan 28-11 in the back.

Malta Vestrit said...

A man sometimes devotes his life to a desire which he is not sure will ever be fulfilled.

Those who laugh at this folly are, after all, no more than mere spectators of life.

And what does it really matter? For the sublimity of life culminates in the most precious moment of inspiration. One will make his life worth living, if he tosses a wave aloft high up into the starry sky, o’er life’s dark main of worldly cares, to mirror in its crystal foam the light of the moon yet to rise.

Even knowing a second of a life casts gifts to carry forth.

sylvi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.